Monday, August 17, 2009

What to do with all those flowers?

We had some leftover florals from the wedding so per the bride's request I picked them up from The Picket Fence (floral company in Kailua, HI) & I took beautiful roses and fragrant lei to the Birthing Center at Castle Medical Center.

The bride & groom took my advice and being a longtime resident of their hometown they chose vendors locally to keep their money in their neighborhood and hopefully stimulate their economy.

Being that the hospital was 5 mins away, I dropped off the flowers to the receptionist and asked her to please give them to a new mother that may not have any flowers. She lit up and began telling everyone around her what I was doing. I'm not gonna lie, it felt great and I can't wait to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment