Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Giving Back!


In this slow season I've decide to work like I'm getting paid! Considering my gifts and talents of planning & organizing I've planned a community day.

I partnered up with Habitat For Humanity www.honoluluhabitat.org, sent out an evite, facebook invitation, email invitation, twitter invite and now blog (all FREE tools) and invited all my friends. As of now we have 50 people signed up, food donated, sound system, rentals and smiling volunteers. It feels good and it was soo easy since I did what I do best - PLAN!

Next month, I've partnered with my local church, Hope Chapel Kailua (www.myspace.com/hopechapelkailua) and Samaritan's Purse (www.samaritanspurse.org) and joined OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD. We collect shoe boxes, wrap them, fill them with gifts & goodies, raise $7 (yes, $7) and send to a child in need. Stay tuned, I'll post pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment